The North Summit Recreation Special Service District (NSRSSD), a dependent district of Summit County, is seeking a responsible and organized individual to fill the position of Recreation Director. This job is ideal for someone who is detail-oriented, enjoys interacting with people, working on group projects, and who is dependable, reliable, and efficient. We are a drug free workplace conducting pre-employment drug testing. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage women, minorities, and the disabled to apply. Open until filled. First review 7-6-2020.
Job Type: Part-time - approximately 25 - 28 hours per week, but varies seasonally
Salary: $1500.00 - $2250.00 per month - based on qualifications and experience
Benefits: Flexible hours
Major duties, but not limited to:
- Plan, promote, and administer recreation programs based on the needs of the North Summit community.
- Current youth recreation programs include; baseball, softball, basketball, flag football, contact football, soccer, and volleyball.
- Additional youth programs may also include things like dance, camps, special youth or adult tournaments, and other activities as fits current needs. o Other community services may include administering programs such as hunter's safety, concealed carry, ATV safety, and archery classes to name a few.
- Recruit, train, and supervise necessary personnel, including coaches, and event supervisors.
- Work with the NSRSSD control board to administer finances. Develop and work within a budget.
- Secure and schedule athletic fields and facilities; transport and set up equipment for games and practices as needed; monitor and purchase necessary sporting equipment as budget permits.
- Oversee and create teams from paid and financially assisted registrations; organize and conduct parent orientation meetings; facilitate training and meetings for coaches.
- Oversee, develop, and distribute team practice and game schedules; train and schedule sports officials; develop and distribute sports rules, guidelines, and handbooks.
- Oversee updating of the website, registration system, and social media accounts.
- Purchase and distribute team uniforms and awards.
- Work with the NSRSSD control board to develop a mission, goals, and key performance indicators for the North Summit Recreation programs.
- Work under the directions of the NSRSSD control board
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must pass a background check.