Assistant Manager / Sandwich ArtistSubway - Benner Pike Location
The Assistant Manager supervises daily operations to ensure that food safety, product preparation, cleanliness and inventory control standards are maintained. Schedules and supervises staff. Maintains standards of restaurant safety and security. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Starting pay @ $12.00/HR
Subway Sandwich Artists work in Subway restaurants and are responsible for greeting guests, preparing food, ensuring sanitation standards, explaining menu items to guests, collecting payments, restocking supplies at the sandwich unit area, and doing basic paperwork duties.
Starting pay @ $9.25/HR
Tasks and responsibilities*:
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
- Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
- Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual.
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Completes University of SubwayTM courses as directed
Education: Some high school or equivalent.
Experience & skills: No previous experience required.Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Come in and apply at 373 Benner Pike, State College, PA 16801