Shop Foreman/Lead MechanicStutsman County
Jamestown, ND Full-time
Posted on September 7, 2019
Accepting applications for a Shop Foreman/Lead Mechanic in Medina until 5pm Tuesday, September 17, 2019.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide direction and hands-on maintenance and repair of various types of engines and various related mechanical repair work, including transmissions, hydraulics, electrical, suspensions, brakes, identify mechanical issues and recommend and/or repair on both heavy construction equipment as well as light vehicles.
- Troubleshoot engine, transmission and hydraulic problems.
- Operate and maintain various equipment and tools, including turning lathe, welders (arc and acetylene), air compressors, air-operated tools, grinders, drills, and valve grinder.
- Operate fuel truck, act as backup to equipment operators, running various pickups, trucks, loaders and related equipment.
- Maintain records and inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Provide vehicle maintenance records and reports, inspection records and various sample records.
- Provide work direction to mechanic; provide direction through training, instruction, reviewing and planning work, and maintaining standards.
- Also is responsible for the day to day supervision of all classes of operators.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or apparent
Stutsman County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.