Licensed Therapist Position: Street School
Street School, Inc is Oklahoma's longest running and most successful alternative education program serving at-risk high school students. Street School is a 501 (c)(3) partnering with the Tulsa Public Schools and the Tulsa Area United Way as well as a variety of foundations and state affiliates.
Reporting directly to the Clinical Director, performs therapeutic treatment to at-risk high school youth and their families. Duties include meeting at least weekly with caseload to help identify and treat emotional and psychological issues, provide skills and tools to help break negative patterns of thinking and assist youth in communicating more effectively. Hours are M-F 8:00-3:30; no billing required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish relationship with youth and families served
- Promoting and supporting youth mental health
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records of each session
- Creating treatment plans for each individual on caseload
- Working with families to offer appropriate support
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the latest therapeutic techniques
- Making referrals to other agencies or health professionals
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues to ensure student success
- LCSW or LPC
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- The ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor, even in stressful situations
- Excellent active listening skills
- Comprehensive therapeutic knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- The ability to establish and maintain healthy boundaries
Work Environment: This position is on-site, meaning that work takes place in the building. Street School follows the Tulsa Public School calendar, which includes many paid holidays including six (6)- weeks off in the summer, and in instances of inclement weather.
Physical Requirements: Physical effort is light, with lifting or carrying limited to 25 pounds intermittently.
Fringe Package: Full health (Community Care HMO) and dental coverage (Delta Dental) plus short and long-term disability and life insurance. Oklahoma Teacher Retirement System.