Job Description: Snow Shoveler must have a positive, can-do attitude, be an eager learner, be conscious of safety requirements, work effectively as a team member, dress appropriately, be punctual and follow all instructions given by the snow commander.
Reporting Relationship: The Snow & Ice Plow/Salt Truck Driver reports to the Snow/Ice Account Manager.
- Follows all instructions given by the Snow Account Manager
- Thoroughly understands and complies with company policy and safety manual
- Reports any/all unsafe conditions or accidents
- Properly and safely operates equipment
- Works in a safe manner and reports any/all unsafe conditions to account manager
- Reports to work on time.
- Is a willing learner who seeks to perform work in an efficient and safe manner
- Reports to work in an appropriate uniform wearing the appropriate cold-weather clothing, boots, and gloves.
- Able to communicate in a timely and thorough manner
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and per company production rates.
- Able to use basic tools safely and properly: shovels, snow blower, ice melt spreader, etc.
6 months minimum of previous snow removal experience. Must have a valid driver's license with clean DMVR and current auto insurance coverage. This is required whether you use your own vehicle/equipment or the Company. Highly motivated, self-driven, flexible and detailed oriented. Must be professional in appearance and actions. Great time management skills; available for seasonal long hours, a clear schedule to work all hours of the day, any day of the week and a strong work ethic. This position will require, although rare, potential holiday work. This is a weather dependent position with no guaranteed hours. Punctual and dependable with a can-do attitude. Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing backgrounds, knowledge and skill levels.
Pay rate: $18 per hour
Health benefits are available to year-round full-time employees.