Water Reuse Worker I/IISTPUD
South Tahoe Public Utility District
Water Reuse Worker I/II
Performs a variety of construction, maintenance, and repair work in District's Alpine County Water Reuse facilities. Work location is in beautiful Alpine County (Woodfords Area). Requires Class A drivers' license or ability to obtain within 12 months. Requires 1 year experience in water distribution or collection system maintenance, construction & repair or general maintenance work, or experience in the building trades such as carpentry, plumbing etc. Salary Range I: $3708-4732/month depends on qualifications; Salary Range II: $4580-5845/month depends on qualifications.
Under the supervision of the Water Reuse Operations Manager and/or Water Reuse Lead Person, performs a variety of construction, maintenance, and repair work of District's Alpine County Water Reuse facilities, and related tasks as required, and is responsible for carrying out stated maintenance and repair procedures.
- Operates recycled water facilities in accordance with the District's Waste Discharge Permit Requirements.
- Maintains, repairs, and/or replaces the District's irrigation system components associated with both the fresh water and recycled water conveyance systems, including existing canals, ditches, pipelines, head gates, diversion structures, pumps, service valves, pressure regulating valves, valve boxes, landscape irrigation sprinklers, center pivot irrigation systems and all related components, including fire hydrants.
- Constructs new irrigation ditches and water conveyance systems, including the installation of pipelines up to 48" in diameter.
- Constructs, improves, and maintains roadway system associated with District facilities in Alpine County, including snow removal.
- Performs all maintenance associated with the District's Diamond Valley Ranch, including the construction of fencing of various types, vegetation management, field maintenance (harrowing), and stated irrigation requirements.
- Prepares designated areas for planting and maintains landscaping.
- Performs general facilities maintenance, including plumbing, painting and carpentry tasks.
- Performs irrigation of ranch lands and landscaping.
- Performs general janitorial duties associated with the District facilities in Alpine County.
- Maintains and upgrades all water metering devices and measuring structures including installation and monitoring of transducers and computerized water metering systems.
- Maintains, removes, and/or replaces asphalt, pavement and concrete structures.
- Operates and services equipment associated with metal working.
- Operates trucks, backhoes, loaders, excavators, tractors, water trucks, hydro, vacuum trucks, street sweepers, mowers, graders, cranes, trucks with pup or backhoe trailers, trenchers, sprayers, and related equipment. Also operates larger class excavators and dozers when necessary.
- Lubricates and performs minor maintenance of all tools and equipment.
- Operates air compressors and associated tools, such as jackhammers and impact wrenches.Operates compactors, pavement saws, cut-off saws, torches, welders, and paint sprayers.
- Operates various pesticide/herbicide spraying equipment in accordance with established regulatory requirements.
- Handles, loads, unloads, and stores pesticides/herbicides and related chemicals, bulk materials, oils, lubricants, and other related materials.
- Maintains and operates Harvey Place Reservoir and Indian Creek Reservoir as required by State of California Division of Dam Safety to ensure permit compliance.
- Operates and maintains a pesticide and hazardous waste storage facility in compliance with State and El Dorado county regulations, including recordkeeping and disposal per permit requirements.
- Operates and maintains center pivot irrigation system, associated controls and appurtenances.
- Operates and maintains hydroelectric generation system, associated controls and appurtenances.
- Responds to calls for District assistance, when available, and accepts standby duty as needed.
- Adheres to and enforces stated safety policies and procedures.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school graduate, or equivalent, with ability to read, write and follow safety procedures and job-related instructions, is required.
- Water Reuse Worker I:One (1) year of experience in water distribution or collection system maintenance, underground utility construction, farm or ranch work, and/or general maintenance work, or experience in the building trades (i.e., carpentry, plumbing, etc).
- Water Reuse Worker II: Three (3) years of experience as a Water Reuse Worker I or three (3) years' experience in water distribution or collection system maintenance, underground utility construction, farm or ranch work, and/or general maintenance work, or experience in the building trades (i.e., carpentry, plumbing, etc.).
- See Proficiency section for applicable certification requirements.