Limited Term Meter Service TechnicianSTPUD
South Tahoe Public Utility District
Limited Term Meter Service Technician
The South Tahoe Public Utility District is recruiting for the above Limited Term position, which performs a variety of skilled work on District meter related projects. Requires High School diploma or equivalent. Requires 1 year experience in meter reading or related. Experience in the water industry is desirable.
Salary: $4,357 - $5,560/month depends on qualifications.
1. Performs field work which includes coordinating service requests, turning on and off water metered services, checking for leaks, investigating complaints of high water usage, blowing out water lines for dirty water, and investigates all customer-related water complaints.
2. Works with Water Conservation Specialist and Underground Water Department for leak checks that pertain to water meters.
3. Assists in maintaining a fifteen (15) to twenty (20) year re-testing or exchange program by pulling, testing, or exchanging water meters up to 2", on a predetermined schedule.
4. Tests large water meters (above 2") every one (1) to three (3) years.
5. Seals, locks, or cuts off entire water metered services for non-payment of water bills.
6. Assists Inspection Supervisor in ordering meters and meter parts.
7. Reads all meter routes on predetermined schedule, enters readings on electronic equipment, and reports any unusual changes or tampering regarding District's equipment.
8. Assists the Inspection or Customer Service Department on all reports pertaining to service requests or meter readings.
9. Assists with GPS water meter locations.
10. Locates meters and water services for installation of MXU's and programming of meters.
11. Informs the Inspection Supervisor of water thefts and prepares a follow-up report.
12. Works with the Water Meter Installation Coordinator for metering projects.
Education & Experience Requirements
High school graduate or equivalent is required.
1. Requires one (1) year experience in meter reading or related.
2. Experience in water meter technology is desired.
1. Requires a valid, current drivers' license, acceptable by the State of California, with a driving record which enables insurability.
2. Requires knowledge of geography of street locations in the City of South Lake Tahoe and the Tahoe portion of El Dorado County.
3. Requires the ability to remain knowledgeable in water meter technology to augment the District's metering program.
4. Requires the ability to communicate effectively in writing, using modern office practices, including personal computer and related word processing and data base software programs
5. Requires the ability to work tactfully and courteously with the public.
6. Requires the ability to make simple mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately.
7. Requires the ability to maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
8. Must have CPR and First Aid Certificates or ability to obtain with 2 years of hire date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.