Business Development OfficerStewart Title - Edwards Branch
Business Development Officer (Edwards Branch)
The Business Development Officer - Retail is responsible for selling Stewart products and services to customers within an assigned territory or market segment. Responsibilities include building relationships with customers; advising customers on products and services; maximizing profitability on products and services; and acting as a liaison between sales, other departments and customers on products, services and technology.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospects and existing customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Stewart products and services, as well as competitors’ products and services.
- Develop leads and sales opportunities and follow through with defined sales plan.
- Analyze and interpret records of present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred for management.
- Report business development and sales activity as required by sales manager.
- Achieve personal sales and profit targets according to sales plan created by sales manager.
- Maintain an updated target list of prospective, qualified customers in CR and monitor progress in converting from prospective to current customers.
- Work with other business units to cross-sell Stewart products and services.
- Represent Stewart in the market and at industry events.
- Promote open communication between sales, title, escrow and customer service representatives to maintain mutually beneficial, productive internal relationships.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining personal networks.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.