IT Administrator & EMR/Practice Management Platform Specialist
Steindler Orthopedic Clinic is seeking a hands-on IT Administrator and EMR/Practice Management Platform Specialist to oversee the day-to-day management of the Technology department and be responsible for the installation, administration and maintenance of Steindler's LAN/WAN network.
The IT Administrator component is responsible for enterprise-wide computer and network hardware and Steindler phone and security platforms.
• Develop and execute technology adoption/implementation and management.
• Hands-on installation and maintenance of systems and network environment for the organization.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software and network issues.
• Provide hands-on remote support to end users for computer, server, printer and software & telecom needs and monitor issues through our support/ticketing system to ensure a timely resolution.
• Ensure the proper implementation and management of cybersecurity controls.
• Administration of network environment to ensure network security and availability for all system users.
• Manage servers (virtual and physical) and computer configuration.
• Manage system updates and systems backup.
• Manage Active Directory, Group Policy and O365 environments.
• Actively review reports of computer, server, and peripheral equipment.
• Recommend plans for system and network upgrades.
• 24x7 on-call responsibilities.
• Escalate problems as appropriate.
• Support the following applications and platforms currently in use: Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive, Meraki, Zendesk, Mitel phone system, Magento, Network Solutions, Syspro, Marketo.
• Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
• Perform network address assignment.
• Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
• Manage configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
• Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
• Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
• Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
• Familiar with current medical regulatory compliance standards, including HIPAA.
The EMR/Practice Management component is responsibility for managing all aspects of company EMR through Exscribe (EMR) and MedEvolve (Practice Management) including the following tasks and duties:
• Perform administrative functions in Exscribe and MedEvolve including System configuration and Maintenance, Manage user accounts, Upgrades and modifications.
• Add/Disable users, user roles, monitor all Exscribe and MedEvolve platforms, route and close documents as needed, and identify and troubleshoot errors.
• Manage and keep practice information in Exscribe and MedEvolve up to date, clinic optimization, interface management & user support.
• Implements changes systematically as they are introduced. Follows all updates and release notes and keeps staff informed. Reviews functionality with other Users.
• Acts as a liaison between Steindler and Exscribe and MedEvolve.
• Manage Exscribe and MedEvolve Reports including: clinical reports, utilization reports, quality reports (PCPCH, MIPS), management reports and financial reports.
• Monitor, Manage and troubleshoot all Exscribe and MedEvolve issues.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with all coworkers, managers and patients via phone, email or in person.
• Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and Steindler Policies.
• Adhere strictly to Steindler departmental standards and policies, including state and federal regulations.
• Assist Executive staff with Exscribe and MedEvolve Tasks as necessary.
• Ensure on a daily basis to promote an environment filled with teamwork, positive outlook and constant professionalism.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in a related field 3-5 years of experience working with hardware and software systems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Office 365, Exchange, MS SharePoint, Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 7, 10, MS Active Directory, Group Policy, Terminal Services, TCP/IP, WAN, DNS, DHCP, VMware, Remote application and implementation.
Physical Demands: Ability to work under stress. Ability to endure prolonged sitting, walking, and standing. Ability to occasionally lift up to 5 pounds to a height of 5 feet. Vision capable of viewing video monitors, calculators, charts, forms, text, and numbers for prolonged periods of time.