Preschool Instructor, Teaching Positions, Custodians
Steamboat Springs School District for the 2021-22 school year, we have the following positions open:
- Preschool Instructor
- Teaching Positions (all subjects, grade levels and locations)
- Various Student Support Positions (counselors, interventionist, etc.)
- Various Support Staff Positions (Paraprofessionals, Nutritional Services, etc)
- HR Generalist
General Human Resources responsibilities:
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office. Ability to interact with the public, staff and administrators in a fast paced environment while maintaining professionalism.
- Assist as needed by ensuring critical HR functions, particularly relating to hiring and employment, occur in a timely and accurate manner.
- Utilize various computer applications and software packages; enter data and maintain and generate reports from the HR database or network system; input necessary personnel and payroll information into the system for payroll; calculate and input wage increases; advise payroll of all changes in employee status.
- Maintain personnel files and related documents in compliance with state and federal laws and district policies including paper and electronic files, I-9 forms, and employee medical files.
- Must have the ability to deal with challenging situation, problem solve, prioritize tasks, create and maintain professional relationships and work environment;
- Make recommendations for process improvements to continuously improve efficiency and customer service.
- Release personnel information regarding employment verification, background checks, and legal records according to District policy and in compliance with the law.
- Compile and submit required State and Federal reports in an accurate and timely manner as assigned.
- Advise building administration and other directors/supervisors regarding human resource issues including policies, procedures, legal requirements and past practices.
- Assist with background check process for staffing needs.
- Assist in tracking and ensuring receipt of annual certified evaluations and classified evaluations per policy.
- Represent Human Resources at District-wide, individual school and community special events.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion with minimal supervision and work independently on a multitude of tasks
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Have a full understanding of the health insurance plan, medical flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, and COBRA plans.
- Act as the contact for the District benefit package, health insurance, flexible spending accounts and retirement plan options. Communicate benefits information and updates as appropriate.
- Assist employees with benefit changes out of the open enrollment period.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources to coordinate all aspects of employee benefits and benefit information including open enrollment.
- Perform a variety of routine and complex administrative, technical and professional duties when administering the various components of the employee benefits program/package.
- Manage and process all necessary benefit paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with payroll to manage Colorado Healthy Families Workplace Act
- Maintain general knowledge of employee leave policies for consistent application for all employees, including FMLA, HFWA, Sick Leave Bank, Parental Leave, and all other leave options.
- Work with payroll regarding optional benefit options for staff and provide staff information as needed
- Oversee all aspects of Workers’ Compensation, including but not limited to: compliance with workers compensation regulations and procedures, processing workers’ compensation reports, working with supervisors, physicians, and claims adjusters to monitor claims and keep costs under control.
Recruitment and Employment Support Tasks:
- Support Director of Human Resources and office manager as needed for recruiting efforts by posting and advertising vacancies, meeting with candidates, in accordance with policy. Able to attend local and out of state recruitment fairs as appropriate.
- Support Director of Human Resources and office manager with providing new hire paperwork, Background check process, and any other new hire processes. Serve as back up for background check processing.
- Conduct new employee orientations, including substitute orientation (TBD)
- Within compliance, manage and assist payroll to process all necessary new employee paperwork through the HRIS system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide employees with annual notification employment information. May include the annual issuance of employment contracts for certified staff and any subsequent contract riders.
- Conduct exit surveys or exit interviews for all appropriate individuals ending employment.
- Support Director of Human Resources with the certified staff education salary advancement process including processing and filing paperwork, working with payroll for data entry as needed, and issuing mid-year addendums.
- May monitor and verify the current licensure of all professional staff through the Colorado Dept of Education and ensure compliance with the “ESSA” and educator licensing requirements.