SSMS Paraprofessional CustodiansSteamboat School District
Steamboat Springs School District is seeking qualified candidates SSMS Paraprofessional Custodians (Year round position with excellent benefits)
Position Summary -To maintain buildings and grounds in such a manner to provide a safe and comfortable environment for the students and staff. Minimize emergency repairs by performing preventative maintenance inspections and servicing on a regular basis. Works as a team member under supervision of the Facilities Manager. Must have the ability to maintain a high quality of work. Must be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Perform building custodial cleaning duties to include but not limited to:
- Keep building and grounds clean and neat at all times.
- Sweep, scrub, mop, extract carpet, vacuum carpet and polish floors.
- Wash windows, screens, sills, woodwork, doors and walls.
- Clean, disinfect and restock restrooms.
- Clean and disinfect all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains.
- Relocates / moves furniture, equipment and supplies as required and or requested.
- Clean dry erase boards, empty trash, remove recyclable items, etcetera.
- Turn off all lights when not in use. Change light bulbs /fluorescent tubes when necessary
- Safety and Security responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provides for the security of the building, supplies, and equipment. Reports any unusual circumstances, theft or vandalism to his/her supervisor.
- Performs and records safety, maintenance and other inspections as directed.
- Notifies supervisor in writing all conditions that are or that may become safety or health hazards including work related activities. Requests in writing safety equipment that may be necessary to job performance
- MSDS: Maintains the custodian/maintenance area file, school office file and central office file to ensure that MSDS sheets are readily available for all maintenance related chemical-containing products. Ensure that MSDS sheets are available for trial products (products or samples that are used on a test or trial basis).
- Grounds keeping: Performs services including irrigation seasonal needs, start up, winterizing and component replacement. Sidewalk snow removal and add traction material as needed. Assist with mowing, trimming and weed control along with a variety of grounds related projects
- Assists in planning and budgeting for long-term maintenance projects and capital improvement projects.
- Coordinates special requests and or requirements with faculty and staff for cleaning and maintenance as directed by supervisor.
- Inventories supplies, orders supplies, receive and stocks supplies related to custodial work.
- Coordinates with other custodians to “bulk order” commonly used supplies.
- Coordinates with other custodians to ensure that all buildings are using the same products for the same purpose.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections on equipment, lubrications and repairs on a wide variety of equipment to ensure proper operation and to minimize emergency repairs. Maintains documentation related to preventative maintenance inspections.
- Conform to schedules as established by supervisor.
- Act at all times in a manner appropriate to a school environment including appropriate clothing and clean appearance.
- Perform energy conservation procedures as directed.
- Provide information in a friendly and courteous manner whenever requested.
- Assists outside contractors, vendors and maintenance personnel as required
- Provide security checks and unlock /lockup as directed by supervisor.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as requested by supervisor.
- Assist in grounds care and maintenance as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED required. Technical, trade and or vocational education preferred.
- Ability to read and write using the English language.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Ability to perform simple math calculations.
- Previous employment experience in multiple trades including electrical, plumbing, carpentry and roofing is desirable.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with students, staff and visitors.
- Physically capable to perform maintenance duties on a daily basis. These daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift items weighing 50 pounds from floor level to an elevation of four feet.
- Operate snow blower equipment.
- Manual snow shoveling.
- Setting up and climbing extension ladders to an elevation of twenty feet.
- Scraping sanding and painting using a variety of paint chemicals.
- Manually scrubbing floors and walls with a variety of chemicals and disinfectants.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and capable of frequent pushing, pulling, squatting and reaching.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination to measure, weigh, and combine chemical ingredients per manufacturer’s written instructions.
- Ability of withstanding exposure to the outdoor elements including extreme cold, extreme heat, rain, snow and other mountain climatic conditions.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.