Math Language Arts SPED Biliteracy, Custodian, Bus DriversSteamboat School District
Steamboat Springs School District is seeking qualified candidates for the 2019-2020 School Year Teaching Positions: Math Language Arts SPED Biliteracy (PT) Non Teaching Positions Custodian, Bus Drivers.
Summary: To provide safe and efficient transportation for Elementary, Middle and High school students, including students with special needs to and from school as well as off campus related activities. Drivers must meet all Federal, State and local requirements and maintain professional driving standards at all times.
Our drivers generally work a split schedule morning and afternoon transporting students to/from school. Position is eligible for full time insurance benefits, but may work a schedule of approximately 20-25 hours/week. Additional hours may be available with activity trips.
• Obey all traffic laws.
• Practice defensive driving techniques at all times.
• Operate school buses in a safe and lawful manner during varying weather, road and traffic conditions
• Make daily pre-trip inspections as required by law.
• Report all vehicle defects immediately and completes appropriate paperwork.
• Adhere to authorized routes. • Load and unload students only at authorized stops.
• Maintain discipline when students are on the vehicle to ensure safety of all passengers.
• Adhere to and report for duty as schedule requires, to be ready before scheduled route time of departure.
• Transport only authorized students and/or authorized school district employees with prior authorization.
• Clean bus interior and exterior on regular basis.
• Ability to work well with students, district staff and parents and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Currently hold or able to secure a CDL school bus driver’s license.
• Able to meet all DOT regulations for drivers including ability to successfully pass employment drug test and physical exam.
• Able to pass physical and written exams as required by law. Subject to random drug screenings throughout year.
• Shall not have been convicted of a felony in any state or territory subject to U.S. jurisdiction.
• Shall not have been convicted of any office related to operation of a motor vehicle while under the influence of or impaired by, alcohol or drug use for at least five years.
• Must have a motor vehicle driving record acceptable to the District.
• Physically able to lift 50 lbs from floor to level to and elevation of four feet.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.