Adaptive Recreational SpecialistSteamboat Adaptive Recreational Sports (STARS)
Steamboat Adaptive Recreational Sports (STARS), a nonprofit organization with the mission to empower and enrich lives through adaptive recreational sports, is seeking passionate and dedicated individuals to serve as Adaptive Recreational Specialists. This position will be responsible for overseeing the STARS ongoing programs including but not limited to summer and winter youth and adult programs, STARS adaptive PE program, and Special Olympics teams. The Adaptive Recreational Specialist will be responsible for managing programs in a manner that emphasizes the safety, health, fitness and overall well being of the program participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Program Manager in organizing, scheduling and supervising a variety of ongoing STARS programs.
- Maintains frequent communication with STARS program team and reports any issues or concerns with
inventory, facility conditions, policies and incidents staff as needed
- Maintains work area, facilities, equipment, and reports. Set up, tear down of program related equipment
- Coordinate lesson structures and plans so they effectively and safely meet the needs of program participants.
- Keeps volunteer attendance, reviews volunteer performance, and makes recommendations for continued
volunteer participation in direct managed programs
Steamboat Adaptive Recreational Sports (STARS) Steamboat Springs area preferred.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.