Administrative AssistantSTATEN ISLAND ADVANCE
The Administrative Assistant performs a range of administrative duties, providing clerical support to an assigned group, and ensuring efficient operations.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum three years' experience in office administration
• Proficient in typing, spelling, punctuation, grammar and professional written and verbal communication
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a timely and efficient manner
• Flexile, highly dependable and ability to adapt to new systems, procedures and programs as necessary
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
• General accounting skills or training
• Proficient in Microsoft office products - Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed are intended as examples only and may not represent a complete list. Duties and Responsibilities, work schedules and/or location may change based on evolving business needs.
1. Support manager and/assigned group in project-based work, developing reports, presentations, communications.
2. Assist with tracking budgets and research. Produce accurate and timely scheduled and ad-hoc reports.
3. Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls and arrange travel accommodations as needed.
4. Represent the company to customers, visitors, vendors in a professional manner. Handle employee and customer requests in a prompt and professional manner.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: General office environment. Extensive use of computer and telephone.
NJ Advance Media is a company positioned for the future. We embrace the rapidly evolving digital landscape and are committed to developing new solutions across current and emerging media to help advertisers grow their businesses. In addition to flexible advertising opportunities with powerful media vehicles that we represent, we offer custom digital solutions from web and mobile site development to a sophisticated array of search and social media optimization and targeted display solutions to reach audiences on all platforms.
Our focus is on developing a real-time approach to reporting news, sports and entertainment content for consumption across all platforms and devices throughout New Jersey and Easton, PA. On nj.com and lehighvalleylive.com, we ensure the communities we serve have 24/7 access to the news and information that's most relevant locally, regionally and beyond. Our quality journalism and in-depth coverage is provided locally in The Star-Ledger, The Hunterdon County Democrat, The Suburban News, The Times of Trenton, South Jersey Times and The Express-Times.
NJ Advance Media is a part of Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 24 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus.
Advance Local is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.