CLINICAL ADMINISTRATORState Training School
Eldora, IA Full-time
Posted on May 28, 2019
CLINICAL ADMINISTRATOR JOB OPENING
The State Training School (STS) at Eldora offers a holistic social, behavioral, psychiatric, academic, and Special Education program that utilizes counseling, treatment and consequences paired with praise and opportunity to males, ages 12 to 18 years old who have been adjudicated delinquent. Services and programs provide individualized treatment and offer comprehensive education, with a goal of transitioning the young man back to his community. The facility is operated by the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS).
The program available for residents includes:
- General education studies
- Special education programs
- Title I
- Competency-based vocational programs
- High School Equivalency Test or HiSet (formerly GED)
The Psychologists, Counselors, Substance Abuse professionals and others at the STS are integral to the successful outcome of young men at the facility. DHS is currently seeking a leader to supervise our team of Mental Health Professionals which includes 4 staff Psychologists, contracted substance abuse workers, and other mental health professionals with the goal of providing a coordinated team approach to counseling and related therapy as part of a treatment team. Our Clinical Administrator will provide direction and supervision to the team and counsel students. If you enjoy challenging, yet rewarding work helping students find stability in their lives
and security in their future, and are proficient in –
• Overseeing a weekly caseload of emotionally disordered students
• Designing behavior modification programs and training staff in their implementation
• Providing both individual and group counseling
For this position a PHD is preferred, a Master’s degree is acceptable.
- Salary: $63,814.40 to $98,259.20 Annually.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Closing: 6/16/2019 11:59 PM Central
You may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. To see if you qualify for this program, please look to the guidelines and/or for more information on PSLF, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/default/files/public-service-application-for-forgiveness.pdf (OMB No. 1845-0110 Form Approved Exp. Date 5/31/2020 PSECF - XBCR)
The State Training School provides an environment rich in psychological challenges that will allow you to practice your craft in a meaningful manor with no boring days. You will perfect and grow your ability in your chosen field by addressing suicide issues, substance abuse, sexual identity, and maladaptive behaviors. You will be the glue that helps pull these young men together. You will be well served by the existing structure which provides you with administrative office staff and security.
The State Training School is located in Eldora, Iowa, home of the Pine Lake State Park which offers an array of indoor/outdoor recreational activities. Eldora is an Iowa River Greenbelt Community featuring quaint shops, eating choices, and plenty of family friendly activity. The Iowa River Greenbelt Scenic Drive is a must do which winds through a picturesque landscape of valleys, woods and streams.
At the STS we are committed to helping talented Psychologists and Counselors continue to grow by offering benefits such as:
- Re-licensure opportunities
- Comprehensive Orientation
- Team Environment
- Training and Development
As an employee of the STS you are a State of Iowa employee and eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes
the kind of benefit package a qualified professional deserves.
- Family Medical Insurance for less than $150 per month, Single less than $40
- Dental, Life, Voluntary Life, and Long Term Disability
- IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System)-Fixed Income Pension
- Deferred Compensation with match as a Roth or Traditional Tax Deferred Plan
- Paid Leave – Holidays, Sick, Vacation, Family, and Military Leave
- Wellness Program
- Strong Opportunity for Advancement, Growth, and Development.
- To learn more about benefits available to State of Iowa employees visit the benefits web page.
Applicants must apply on line https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa
Search: Filter - Location - Eldora
State Training School • Joel Weeks or Todd Coulter
3211 Edgington Avenue, Eldora, IA 50627 • Phone: 641-858-5402
Applications should be submitted using the link above no later than JUNE 16, 2019.
The State of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.