CLERK-ADVANCEDState Training School
The State Training School (STS) at Eldora offers a holistic social, behavioral, psychiatric, academic, and Special Education program that utilizes counseling, treatment and consequences paired with praise and opportunity to males, ages 12 to 18 years old who have been adjudicated delinquent. Services and programs provide individualized treatment and offer comprehensive education, with a goal of transitioning the young man back to his community. The facility is operated by the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS).
The program available for residents includes:
• General education studies • Special education programs • Title I • Competency-based vocational programs • High School Equivalency Test or HiSet (formerly GED) • Counseling
The Education Department is the heart of this organization, the person occupying this position will perform specialized clerical tasks of moderate difficulty and subject matter diversity, and performs related work as required. The position provides excellent compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Salary: $27,560.00 - $39,228.80 Annually.
- Job Type: Full-time, M - F Day Shift.
- Job Number: 19-02918
- Closing: 6/25/2019 11:59 PM Central
- – you will want to have a career at the STS.
As an employee of the STS you are a State of Iowa employee and eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes the kind of benefit package a qualified professional deserves.
- Family Medical Insurance for less than $150 per month, Single less than $40
- Dental, Life, Voluntary Life, and Long Term Disability
- IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System)-Fixed Income Pension
- Deferred Compensation with match as a Roth or Traditional Tax Deferred Plan
- Paid Leave – Holidays, Sick, Vacation, Family, and Military Leave
- Wellness Program
- Strong Opportunity for Advancement, Growth, and Development.
- To learn more about benefits available to State of Iowa employees visit the benefits web page.
Applicants must apply on line starting Monday, June 10th. Please apply at:
Search: Filter - location - eldora
If you have questions please contact:
State Training School • Ed Gilliland or JoelWeeks
3211 Edgington Avenue, Eldora, IA 50627 • Phone: 641-858-5402
Applications should be submitted using the link above no later than JUNE 25, 2019.
The State of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.