CERTIFIED MATH EDUCATION INSTRUCTORState Training School
CERTIFIED MATH EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR - JOB OPENINGS
The State Training School (STS) at Eldora offers a holistic social, behavioral, psychiatric, academic, and Special Education program that utilizes counseling, treatment and consequences paired with praise and opportunity to males, ages 12 to 18 years old who have been adjudicated delinquent. Services and programs provide individualized treatment and offer comprehensive education, with a goal of transitioning the young man back to his community. The facility is operated by the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS).
The program available for residents includes:
- General education studies
- Special education programs
- Title I
- Competency-based vocational programs
- High School Equivalency Diploma (formerly GED)
CERTIFIED MATH EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
Math Education Instructors at the STS are an intricate part of the successful development of young men at the facility. The ability to gain an understanding of basic mathematics and perhaps even greater math skills will be key to lifelong success for these young men. DHS is currently recruiting Math Instructors who want to make a difference. If you enjoy challenging, yet rewarding work helping students find stability in their lives and security in their future, and are proficient in –
• Handling a diverse caseload of emotionally disordered students with mild to moderate needs
• Teaching in an individualized manner in an effort to reach the young men in our facility
• Providing both individual and classroom instruction
- Salary: $42,889.60 to $70,428.80 Annually.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Number: 19-02198
- Closing: 5/28/2019 11:59 PM Central
– you will want to have a career at the STS.
You may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. To see if you qualify for this program, please look to the guidelines and/or for more information on PSLF, visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice. (OMB No. 1845-0110 Form Approved Exp. Date 5/31/2020 PSECF - XBCR)
The State Training School provides an environment rich in educational challenges that will allow you to practice your craft in a meaningful manor with no boring days. You will perfect and grow your ability in Math Instruction by addressing the educational challenges that come from working with a diverse group of students. You will be a big part of the glue that helps pull these young men together. You will be well served by the existing structure which provides you with administrative office staff and security.
The State Training School is located in Eldora, Iowa, home of the Pine Lake State Park which offers an array of outdoor recreational activities. Eldora is an Iowa River Greenbelt Community featuring quaint shops, eating choices, and plenty of family friendly activity. The Iowa River Greenbelt Scenic Drive is a must do which winds through a picturesque landscape of valleys, woods and streams. Eldora is 45 minutes from Ames and Cedar Falls and only 22 minutes from Iowa Falls.
At the STS we are committed to helping talented Educators continue to grow by offering benefits such as:
- Re-licensure opportunities and assistance with certification (please contact Joel Weeks at 641-858-5402 or firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Comprehensive Orientation
- Team Environment
- Training and Development
As an employee of the STS you are a State of Iowa employee and eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that is
second to none includes all of this and more:
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Life, Voluntary Life, and Long Term Disability
- The cost for medical and dental is less than $40 per month for single coverage
- Medical and Dental coverage combined for a family is less than $190 per month.
- IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System)-Fixed Income Pension
- Deferred Compensation with a State-Funded match similar to a 401K
- Paid Leave – 9 Holidays, Sick Leave, Family Sick Leave, Vacation, & Military Leave
- Strong Opportunity for Advancement, Growth, and Development.
- To learn more about benefits available to State of Iowa employees visit the benefits web page.
Applicants must apply on line, please apply at:
Search: Filter - Location - Eldora
Please contact JoelWeeks or Todd Coulter at 641-858-5402 with any questions, especially those about certification and necessary qualifications.
State Training School • Joel Weeks or Todd Coulter
3211 Edgington Avenue, Eldora, IA 50627 • Phone: 641-858-5402
Applications should be submitted using the link above no later than MAY 28, 2019.
The State of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.