PT Parking Enforcement Office/Customer Service Rep.State College Borough
Location: State College Municipal Building
Starting Rate: $16.83
The PEO/CSR provides prompt and courteous customer service. Also responsible for overseeing
the parking operations for one, two and/or three garages. Enforces both Borough parking
ordinances and state parking laws. Work is performed under limited supervision with moderate
latitude. Position relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the
best approach by using and interpreting policies and procedures.
- Monitors computer screens, video screens and provides customer assistance as needed - Performs general maintenance and minor repairs to equipment; contacts the appropriate vendor or department when major repairs are needed
- Observes parked vehicles and writes tickets for violations of local parking ordinances and state parking laws
- Enforces meter regulations; assists in the collection of money from parking meters; repairs inoperative meters when necessary
- Installs "boots" on vehicles, as needed, to ensure payment of outstanding violations and/or warrants
- Educates motorists on the Borough’s parking ordinances; gives directions and other information as needed
- Maintains a count of cars in the garage(s) by either walking or driving through each garage floor, counting the number of parked cars and adjusting the count on the computer
- Daily inspecting the garage elevators, restrooms and equipment looking for any vandalism to garage property, and then reporting any problems to management.
- Performing other required and related tasks, including light cleaning of the offices and minor maintenance and routine repairs.
- Composes and prepares various correspondence and documentation, as needed
- Ensures compliance with all local ordinances and state laws
- Completes daily shift reports
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by two or more years of administrative or
secretarial experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training,
and/or experience. Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
State College Borough is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal
Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, State College
Borough provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and
encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with