Stanfield + O’Dell is currently seeking a full time Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for administrative support and processing deliverables. The ideal candidate will be proactive, highly organized, and detail oriented; display a quick ability to learn; and be able to work independently. They must also have exceptional communication and organization skills, the ability to prioritize multiple projects, and be a team player in a professional work environment.
S+O, a dynamic and progressive consulting and CPA firm in Tulsa, has earned its reputation as a firm of integrity and excellence through 65 years of serving clients throughout the United States and abroad. As our success continues, so do the opportunities for our professionals. A career with Stanfield + O’Dell will offer growth and learning opportunities.
- Responsible for all aspects of tax return and tax form processing including printing, assembling, and electronic storage of tax returns, extensions, estimates, notices, etc.
- Sorting, scanning, and electronic filing of client information
- Maintenance of electronic filing system and e-filing of tax returns
- Preparation of general and tax correspondence and annual tax organizers
- Assist with audit financial statement processing, formatting, proofreading, and binding
- Update procedures as needed
- Deliver high quality service and results
- Responsible for kitchen tidiness, dishwasher, and kitchen supplies
- Coordinate busy season weekend lunches
- Assist with marketing efforts and employee functions as requested
- Serve as a backup to receptionist through understanding of job requirements
- Serve as backup for post office deliveries
- Interact and communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of company personnel, shareholders, clients and other third parties
- Flexible to handle other projects, sometimes on short notice
- Provide general filing, administrative support and other duties as required
Requirements for this position
- High level of understanding of technology, including proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe
- Knowledge of typical office procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment including scanners, printers and copiers
- Proficiency in English language usage, spelling, grammar, and proofreading
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, manage assigned tasks, problem solve, and follow through to completion
- Ability to work in a team environment by being cooperative, supportive, and energetic, with a positive “can-do” attitude
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Experience in public accounting or professional services firm or related experience
- Familiarity with tax accounting and financial concepts preferred
- Core hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Ability to work additional hours as needed, including overtime and weekend hours required during busy seasons
Stanfield + O’Dell has an excellent work environment which includes competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in a career opportunity with S+O, please visit us at www.stanfieldodell.com or submit your resume.