Office Manager/Firm AdministratorStanfield + O'Dell, P.C.
Stanfield + O'Dell, P.C.
Title: Office Manager/Firm Administrator
Type of Position: Full Time
We are currently searing an Office Manager/Firm Administrator with management experience in a professional services firm. Position will take a lead role in the operations of our administrative department by coordinating projects in a manner that ensures that all due dates are met; overseeing admin assistant(s), processor(s), receptionist and temporary administrative team members; and ensuring administrative procedures are properly documented and followed. The qualified candidate must be highly organized, display a quick ability to learn, pay attention to detail and enjoy a variety of work assignments in a fast-paced, team culture. Must also demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with clients and staff.
The position will report directly to Shareholder/COO. Stanfield + O'Dell, P.C., a dynamic and progressive consulting and CPA firm in Tulsa, has earned its reputation as a firm of integrity and excellence through over 65 years of serving clients throughout the United States and abroad. As our success continues, so do the opportunities for our professionals. A career with Stanfield + O'Dell will offer growth and learning opportunities.
Pay and specific job duties to include the following, commensurate with experience:
- Responsible for overseeing work assignments, schedules, vacation and overtime of admin assistant(s), processor(s), receptionist and temporary administrative team members.
- Work with COO to annually review performance of said staff.
- Ensure that all administrative procedures are properly followed, as well as documented for backup or transition.
- Ensure that front desk and all necessary positions are covered at all times.
Assistant to Shareholders:
- Responsibilities will include oversight of due date lists, work calendar, and Shareholders' out boxes, and downloading or delegating items from Portal as requested.
Scheduling and Software Management:
- Responsible for oversight and functions of Practice Management software, including new client set-up and routing projects for all departments.
- Maintain all due date lists, including assigning work, prepare and reviewers, setting due and target dates, and updating for extended returns.
- Generate Shareholder and staff due date reports and have the ability to problem-solve when the reports are inaccurate.
- Annually clean up Practice Management projects and fxTax to roll to the next year.
- Work with Marketing + Growth Coordinator.
- Assist with the selection, interview, and hiring process of admin candidates.
- Coordinate admin orientation program and monitor new employees' progress.
- Screen resumes, coordinate the interview process, and perform reference and background checks.
- Work with Firm Bookkeeper to monitor and perform analysis on billings, chargeable hours, etc., as requested.
- Review firm financial statements, budgets, and survey data and results.
- Learn operations of other admin positions to serve in oversight and back up capacity, including billing, tax extensions and electronic filing, and proofing audits.
- Attend technology committee meetings and give updates on software, implementation of new software and new procedures and training of admin staff.
- Make year-end updates to firm forms and changes to procedures as needed, including the annual review of SharePoint for needed updates and clean up.
- Implement file retention policy by organization of current files and destroying old files.
- Manage relationship with building maintenance and housekeeping.
- Work with COO on administrative items and projects as needed.
Requirements for this position:
- Experience in Public Accounting or professional services firm Management experience
- Ability to manage assigned tasks, follow through to completion, and problem solve with little or no direction
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with employees and work in a team environment
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle confidential situations and documentation
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills, including business English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- High level of understanding of technology, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook
- Ability to work additional hours as needed, including overtime and weekend hours required during busy seasons