Maintenance Directorst. louis public schools
Maintenance Director for St. Louis Public Schools.
- Three to Five years supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the maintenance areas of electricity, plumbing, HVAC carpentry and grounds. Plumbing electrical and/or HVAC certification preferred but not necessary.
- Outstanding working knowledge of both Michigan and Federal laws and regulations regarding facilities.
- Possess or be able to obtain any required Certifications required by the district.
- Ability to analytically evaluate the needs of the District's facilities and effectively assign personnel accordingly.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities, including the ability to communicate effectively and relate positively with student, parents, staff, and members of the community.
- Strong work ethic including the ability to prioritize, problem-solve, self-start, work on tight deadlines, be flexible and make difficult recommendations and/or decisions.
- Ability to utilize technology.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- A willingness to cross train with the Transportation Supervisor in essential functions.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.