Prepress TechnicianSpokesman Review
The Spokesman-Review is seeking a full-time, swing/night shift, Prepress Technician. This position exists to process and prepare printing plates and files, in a production environment, for both commercial and newspaper offset web presses. In the absence of the floor supervisor, the night person acts as the main contact for any prepress questions and issues.
- General mechanical knowledge with the ability to lift and carry 50 Lbs.
- Ability to self-train on new software programs using electronic, web, and written forms.
- Preferred knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
- Work independently, while communicating and working directly with internal customers and staff.
- Attention to detail is critical. Ability to work well under deadline pressure.
The hours and days will vary. Typical hours would be 4:00 PM to 1:30 AM. 7.5 hours per day on average.
Starting wage is $16.00 per hour.
About the Company
The Spokesman-Review is the largest, most used and most trusted news and information provider in the Inland Northwest for 135 years. This family run business has a vested interest in the community, supports many local events, organizations and people. All of which helps make Spokane a wonderful place to work and live. As a member of The Spokesman-Review team you help produce a reliable news source by coordinating the implementation of advertising as a dedicated member of the sales executive team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug & background check required on those selected for hire.