The Spokesman-Review is currently seeking a full-time Machinist/Millwright to troubleshoot, repair mechanical problems, manufacture and rebuild parts in the production area of our paper. Day Shift This position is ideal for an individual with a strong work ethic, has the ability to setup and operate manual machine shop equipment to close tolerances (lathes, mills, ECT) and who has a working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics. This position will repair, make, and install parts for all of our company's production equipment. Must provide your own tools. This position comes with a full suite of benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Paid Sick, Vacation, Holidays, a matching 401(k) and more!
Qualified applicants will be able to:
- Ability to operate basic machine shop tool.
- Work safely on all machining equipment.
- Work unsupervised and with other departments to solve equipment problems.
- Welding: included are, wire feed MIG, TIG, Plasma cut, and oxy-ace.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and repair manuals.
- Understanding of disassembling, repair and/or machine/manufacture parts, and reassemble plant equipment.
- Work safely in an environment where there is exposure to moving parts, electricity, high places, high noise levels, wet and/or humid conditions, chemicals, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions.
- Work in an environment where there is frequently standing, walking, stopping, kneeling or crawling and able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Applicants have an associate’s degree or two years education from a technical school, or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.