The Spokesman-Review is currently seeking a full-time Machinist/Millwright to troubleshoot, repair mechanical problems, manufacture and rebuild parts in the production area of our paper. This position is ideal for an individual with a strong work ethic, has the ability to setup and operate manual machine shop equipment to close tolerances (lathes, mills, ECT) and who has a working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics. This position will repair, make, and install parts for all of our company’s production equipment. Must have own tools for repairing and machining equipment. Days and hours are as follows: Monday-Friday 8:00 Am - 4:30 PM. Must be able to work overtime and weekends when required.
Now located at our brand new facility at 19223 E Euclid, Spokane Valley, WA
What you will do as a Machinist/Millwright:
- Learn the functions of, troubleshoot and repair production equipment.
- Make and install parts for all production equipment.
- Be self motivated and work independently.
Qualified applicants will be able to:
- Ability to operate basic machine shop tool.
- Work safely on all machining equipment.
- Work unsupervised and with other departments to solve equipment problems.
- Welding: included are, wire feed MIG, TIG, Plasma cut, and oxy-ace.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and repair manuals.
- Understanding of disassembling, repair and/or machine/manufacture parts, and reassemble plant equipment.
- Work safely in an environment where there is exposure to moving parts, electricity, high places, high noise levels, wet and/or humid conditions, chemicals, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions.
- Work in an environment where there is frequently standing, walking, stopping, kneeling or crawling and able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Applicants have an associate’s degree or two years education from a technical school, or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Spokesman-Review is the largest, most used and most trusted news and information provider in the Inland Northwest. We strive to produce the paper every day in a supportive team environment where we are dedicated to the community we serve and the well-being of our employees.
This is a full-time hourly position which includes Medical, Dental, Life, matching 401(k) and paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick time and more! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug & background check required on those selected for hire. Position open until filled.