Deputy Fire MarshalSpokane Valley Fire Dept
Spokane Valley Fire Department is recruiting for Deputy Fire Marshal.
Required Occupational Qualifications:
Must maintain the required occupational qualifications of the SVFD Firefighter position. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A minimum of three years of experience within a Fire Service Prevention Division and have the training and certification levels necessary to qualify as an SVFD Assistant Fire Marshal (*). Must obtain and maintain International Fire Code Institute – Fire Inspector II Certification within one year of appointment, as a condition of employment. Must obtain and maintain a Spokane County Sheriff Special Deputy Commission I or II, within one year, as a condition of employment, if assigned.
(*) Assistant Fire Marshal Training and Certification Requirements:
(1) ICC - Certified Fire Inspector I OR Fire Marshal Approved Equivalent
(2) NFA - Fire Inspection Principles Course or IFSAC Fire Inspector 1 AND ICC - Certified Fire Inspector II or approved equivalent
(3) IFSAC - Certified Fire Investigator or IAAI FIT AND NFA Community Risk Reduction Course (@) OR ICC – Certified Plans Examiner or approved equivalent
(@)NFA Community Risk Reduction Courses:
- Community Risk Reduction: A Policy Approach
- Executive Analysis of Community Risk Reduction
- Leadership Strategies for Community Risk Reduction
- Applications of Community Risk Reduction
The job description for the position of Deputy Fire Marshal and Entry Level Firefighter, Veteran’s Scoring Criteria Questionnaire, Supplemental Questions, New Hire Application and
Promotional Application are attached.