Fixed Asset BookkeeperSpokane Tribe of Indians
Fixed Asset Bookkeeper
Spokane Tribe of Indians
RFT, Non-Exempt, $15.00 - $18.00 per hour (Depending on qualifications, Depending on experience)
Closes August 16, 2019 *Extended*
The responsibilities of this position include, preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Fixed Asset, Construction in Progress and Disposal worksheets. Reconcile General Ledger Capital expenditures to Fixed Asset worksheet and system monthly. Oversee fixed asset entries to accounting system. Assist with Accounting and Invoicing for municipal leased vehicles. Assist with preparation of leased vehicle worksheet. Assist with annual insurance invoice preparation. Assists with annual single audit. General maintenance of all Fixed Asset and Insurance files. Assists with other accounting functions as requested.
- Assist Inventory specialist in gathering Fixed Asset and Construction in Progress purchase documents. Fixed Assets include Buildings, Vehicles, Furniture, Equipment, Infrastructure and Intangible assets.
- Review documents and prepare Fixed Asset worksheet, Construction in Progress worksheet, disposal worksheet.
- Fixed Asset worksheet is a detailed to include such information as date, amount, resolution number, program name and number, description of asset, asset number, plate number, asset identification number, year, vehicle identification number, vendor.
- Reconcile Fixed Asset worksheet to Capital Equipment expense posted in General Ledger.
- Reconcile Construction in Progress worksheet to expenses posed in General Ledger.
- Report discrepancies to Compliance Officer.
- Input Fixed Assets into Accounting system.
- Annually review Construction in Progress worksheet and determine if construction is complete.
- If Construction is not complete, analyze costs and obtain a statement from the manager about estimated costs and time of completion.
- Prepare journal entries to move completed construction in progress to asset.
- Assist with lease invoice preparation to tribal programs.
- Assist with insurance invoice preparation to tribal programs.
- Assist with development, processing and advertisement for bids, proposals, or quotes for services or goods as requested according to all applicable federal, state, tribal or funding agency rules and regulations.
- Assist with monitoring of Capital Equipment, Non-capital Equipment and Contractual Fees General Ledger for misclassifications and communicate those to Compliance Officer.
- Obtain sam.gov debarment and suspension reports monthly on all vendors/contractors who the tribe pays over $25000. during the fiscal year. Maintain the documentation of the sam.gov report in a file.
- Assist in annual single audit process, prepare Fixed Asset documentation that reconciles to Fixed Asset worksheet which reconciles to Fixed Assets in General Ledger.
- Maintain all Fixed Asset, Insurance and Leasing files in an organized manner with all pertinent information and documents.
- Scanning documents as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Applicants must have Associates of Arts Degree and two years of accounting general ledger reconciliation documented work experience.
- Applicants must have completed two college levels beginning accounting courses.
- Must be bondable.
- Applicants must have Washington State Drivers’ License and be Tribally insurable.
- Must be skilled in the use of office equipment, computer, calculator, copier and fax.
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel programs. Ability to develop and create spreadsheets.
- Knowledge in areas of internal control.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form.
- Ability to take written and oral direction.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidential information.
- Work experience reflecting conscientious work practices, to include better than average attendance and punctuality, ability to work well with peers, ability to work under stressful situations, willingness to accept additional responsibility.
- Work is performed with relative independence and latitude for independent judgment within framework of existing accounting policies and procedures.
- Experience with multiple ledgers and fund accounting systems is preferred.
- Knowledge in basic accounting is preferred.