Public Health NurseSpokane Regional Human Resources
Looking to work in Public Health? Apply for the Public Health Nurse!
Full Time opening in Treatment Services.
Purpose: The dispensing nurse will be responsible for the daily dispensing of medication as directed by the Medical Director, Clinical Manager, or Administrator. The dispensing nurse will follow the essential functions and basic duties of the clinic and will participate in the weekly staffing for the care and function of the OTP patient.
- Assist in opening and closing of dispensary clinic. Appropriately dispenses Methadone, Buprenorphine/Naloxone, Buprenorphine, Naltrexone and other medications such as Antabuse to registered patients as required.
- Complete Jail dosing when needed, by walking to the jail to dispense a dose to individuals.
- Accounts for and accurately record all Methadone, Buprenorphine/Naloxone, Buprenorphine, and Naltrexone dispensed. Records and accounts all Methadone, Buprenorphine/Naloxone, Buprenorphine, Naltrexone received and dispensed.
- Order Methadone, Buprenorphine/Naloxone, Naltrexone, Buprenorphine or and maintain adequate supply to meet demands including adjustment for emergencies
- Utilizes medical judgment during the stabilization process and during daily dispensing to ensure patients are utilizing medications properly and appropriately. Informs Medical Director, Clinical Manager, OTP ARNP, Program Administrator, Counselors and Program Manager as necessary on patient care.