Health Program Specialist 2- Disease Investigation Specialist/ RN or LPN #143Spokane Regional Human Resources
Health Program Specialist 2- Disease Investigation Specialist/ RN or LPN
Full time opening in Disease Prevention & Response.
Purpose: Performs complex disease investigation work for STD cases in Spokane County. Monitors and works to ensure that individuals at highest risk receive CDC recommended testing and treatment.
Maybe have to directly provide initial client transportation to services. Transportation of clients is only authorized with the use of a company vehicle.
Uses investigative skills to locate and interview people who have recently tested positive for STDs in Spokane County.
- Focus interviews on ensuring correct medical treatment and conducting partner elicitation.
- Enter case level data into the Public Health Information Management System (PHIMS).
- Use investigative database and social media platforms (Jail/Accurint/Facebook) to locate difficult to find individuals.
- Conduct intensive community outreach to identify cluster groups associated with the syphilis outbreak.
- Consult with and advises medical providers on CDC treatment guidelines and SRHD / DOH testing recommendations.
- Serve as backup for HIV/ HCV disease investigations and administers STD Surveillance Network (Ssun) interviews with a subset of cases.