Full Time Dispensary Assistant #164Spokane Regional Human Resources
Full Time Dispensary Assistant opening in Treatment Services.
This is an entry level position and is under the direction of an immediate supervisor. Provides services and support to the Methadone Program as an observer of urine collection; packages urine samples for shipment; and performs Breath Analysis (BA) on clients. This position will also assist the Dispensary Nurses when needed. The Dispensary Assistant will have extensive interaction with a culturally diverse population of Health District clients and the general public to render services. This classification will work under general supervision with well-defined directives, instructions, and procedures. Work assignments are routine in nature.
- Complete client collection forms for UA/NA (urine analysis/breath analysis) samples.
- Observes UA/BA specimen sample collection.
- Uses proper chain of custody techniques for handling and packaging urine samples for shipment.
- Accurately logs test results into client's files within specified timelines.
- Monitors clinic grounds for clients loitering and diversion of medication.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or GED
- Six- (6) months experience in one of the following: dealing with alcohol and/or drug dependent clients (preferred), working in a criminal justice environment or working in a medical environment.