Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee #161Spokane Regional Human Resources
Job #161 Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee. 1 Full time Project opening in Treatment Services.
Under direct supervision assists registered Chemical Dependency Professional staff by providing chemical dependency counseling and case management services to individuals in the Opioid Treatment Program. Maintains individual’s files in compliance with County, State and Federal regulations. Assists in the operation of the Opioid Treatment Program dispensary, with a Saturday rotation. This position will also coordinate services with OTP individuals who are currently residing in Spokane County Detention. All documentation must be reviewed and signed off by a licensed CDP.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED and at least two years of related college level coursework. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 months of related experience in a chemical dependency or social service agency.
- Current WA State Substance Use Disorder Professional Training Certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to deal calmly with stressful situations.
- De-escalation skills.
- Knowledge of Federal guidelines and State regulations for Opioid Treatment Program.
- Ability to maintain therapeutic relationship on an ongoing basis.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.