Health Specialist I - Chemical Dependency Professional #138Spokane Regional Human Resources
Spokane, WA Full-time
Posted on July 14, 2019
Job #138 Health Specialist I - Chemical Dependency Professional
3 Full time openings in Treatment Services.
- Provides chemical dependency counseling and case management services to patients on the Opioid Treatment program.
- Maintains patient files in compliance with County, State and Federal regulations.
- Assists in the operation of the Opioid Treatment program dosing clinic, with a Saturday rotation.
- This position will also coordinate services with individuals who are currently residing in Spokane County Detention.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Alcohol/Drug studies, Social Work, Public Health or closely related field.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and professional certification may be considered provided the individual's background demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position.
- Two (2) years of previous assessment and/or counseling experience in the substance abuse field or related program field.
- Active valid license to practice as a Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) in the State of Washington
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to deal calmly with stressful situations
- De-escalation skills
- Knowledge of Federal guidelines and State regulations for Opioid Treatment Program
- Ability to maintain therapeutic relationships on an ongoing basis
- Ability to communicate professionally with external agencies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.