Wedding and Corporate Sales ManagerSpirit Mountain
The Wedding and Corporate Sales Manager will deliver an excellent guest experience while optimizing sales, driving performance, and ensuring successful operational and financial goals are met. This job requires an enthusiastic, high energy individual who likes both the details involved in planning an event and the interpersonal skills required to execute the event along with the ability to self-motivate to across all aspects of sales to generate business for Spirit Mountain.
You may be subject to frequent interruptions, imposed deadlines, and will need to use problem-solving skills. You may be subject to hostile and emotionally upset customers. Weekends and Holiday work are expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for smooth banquet operation including booking, planning, staffing, bill and collecting payments.
- Responsible for and assisting with sales regarding corporate outings and events.
- Responsible for being the liaison between Spirit Mountain and vendors and community partners
- Verify all customer data is up to date
- Responsible for following up with guests after events
- Hire, fire, transfer, discipline, supervise and be responsible for training, and setting schedules.
- Meet and greet clients and conduct site visits based upon customer availability
- Timely communication via emails, phone calls and written documentation
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Performs site inspections of conference space.
- Ability to organize an event from the idea stage through completion.
- Assist with final review and payment plans for all clients.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule. Schedule will fluctuate with the flow of business. Nights, weekends & holidays are mandatory.
- Maintain a clean and attractive work area.
- Perform light maintenance and cleaning of the work area.
- Must have patience and understanding for every person that is encountered.
- Be flexible and adaptable to the changes that will occur to your job.
- Must perform any other required duties as requested by Management to aid in better operation of the business and service to the customers.
- Work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Assist with winter Special Events
- Assist with other departments as needed and directed.
- Attend management meetings
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to lead, direct and work with people.
- Must have good judgment and be able to make independent decisions.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English in a fluent manner.
- Must work well in high pressure situations, ability to handle guest objections and disputes
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Exceptional time management skills
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3-5 years of event planning preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; move about the facility. Some light physical effort required.
- SAFETY - Of our employees, volunteers, and guests. This is our #1 priority.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - We strive to always be smiling, friendly employees who treat our guests as valued customers.
- RESPECT - Mutual respect is key to our success and well being.
- HONESTY IN COMMUNICATION - Always deal with a problem honestly.
- BEST EFFORT - our best effort is required and expected at all times.
- HUMOR - A sense of humor makes the job fun and makes it a more enjoyable experience for our guests. Be happy!
- PROPRIETARY INTEREST - It is expected that everyone will act as though they own Spirit Mountain, and ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the facility.
- INTEGRITY - We will act with integrity at all times.