Mountain Villa Manager
Start your dream Job!
The Villa Manager must strike a balance between customer satisfaction and effective business management, ensuring financial viability. Facilitates a smooth-running operation, while making sure staff work together as a team.
The Villa Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operational duties as well as the planning and budgeting for the Mountain Villa Association. The Villa Manager must be professional, driven, and leads by example.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversee all aspects and functions of the Mountain Villas.
* Strives for optimal guest satisfaction while meeting revenue goals and controlling expenses.
* Oversees human resources management including the recruitment and selection, training & development, compensation, recognition and performance management of the Mt. Villa Association Employees. Including payroll. (payroll training provided)
* Communicates performance expectations and provides employees with on-going feedback.
* Open-minded and comfortable receiving constructive feedback regarding all aspects of the Mt. Villas
* Communicates and reinforces superior guest service to all employees; be the example.
* Prepares, executes and maintains the Mt. Villa Association budget.
* Bookkeeping responsibilities, including but not limited to, daily & monthly reconciliation of cash, credit card, checking, and savings accounts, monthly sales tax reporting, monthly reconciliation of owners' accounts, and maintenance reports.
* Purchasing, and inventory control of all needed supplies.
* Researching, obtaining quotes, following up on contract labor and/or bids for landscaping, snow removal, laundry, garbage and other services as needed.
* Develop and maintain after hours on-call procedure
* Available to return to office for any after hour emergencies or guests without reservations
* Administration of reservation software system. Research and provide feedback on system and advise of alternative methods.
* Maintain strong and effective relationship between Spirit Mountain and Mt. Villa Owners Association.
* Develop and execute promotions, specials and return offers for guests.
* Develop and maintain guest email database.
* Active on Mt. Villa Facebook and Instagram account. Plan content and obtain photos
* Maximizes revenue by developing and implementing a marketing and sales plan in conjunction with Spirit Mountain and the Villa Association Board. Review and suggest changes to rate structure.
* Prepare and attend the annual MVOA meeting
* All other directives as assigned by Spirit Mountain management
* 3 years-experience in hotel management
* Associates degree in hospitality management, tourism, hotel management or equivalent
* Excellent verbal and written communicator
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to resolve problems effectively
* Ability to manage stressful situations calmly and effectively
* Results orientated
* Adaptable to change
* Professional leader and mentor
* Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, tourism, hotel management or equivalent
* Knowledge and experience with snow skiing, snowboarding, cross country skiing or mountain biking
The Mountain Villa Manager has complete oversight of all aspects of the 15-unit Mountain Villa complex. Each Villa is individually owned and is part of the Mountain Villas Owners Association. The Villa Manager is an employee of Spirit Mountain Recreation Area.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
* SAFETY - Of our employees, volunteers, and guests. This is our #1 priority.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE - We strive to always be smiling, friendly employees who treat our guests as valued customers.
* RESPECT - Mutual respect is key to our success and well being.
* HONESTY IN COMMUNICATION - Always deal with a problem honestly.
* BEST EFFORT - our best effort is required and expected at all times.
* HUMOR - A sense of humor makes the job fun and makes it a more enjoyable experience for our guests. Be happy!
* PROPRIETARY INTEREST - It is expected that everyone will act as though they own Spirit Mountain, and ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the facility.
* INTEGRITY - We will act with integrity at all times.