Development DirectorSpark Central
Spark Central is seeking a full-time Development Director. This position is responsible for the design and implementation of a Development Plan that supports the sustainable growth of Spark Central, including planning fundraising events and developing corporate and individual donors.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee the creation and implementation of the annual Development Plan with the goal of providing sustainable funding for the organization.
- Manage the planning, implementation, and growth of major fundraising events, including our annual Spark Salon as well as donor appreciation and donor cultivation events.
- Effectively communicate Spark Central’s mission, identity, goals, and programs to a variety of donors, funders, sponsors, and community members.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward individual and corporate donors.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with corporate and individual donors.
- Work closely with the Spark Board of Directors to expand and cultivate the donor base.
- Build relationships, belonging, and value with donors and volunteers through personal interactions and formal communications such as donor newsletters, thank you notes, and phone calls.
- Manage corporate and foundation relationships, including grant submissions, grant audits, sponsorship, and in-kind donations.
- Collaborate with the Development Committee and staff team to facilitate board and volunteer participation in fundraising efforts and donor events.
- Participate in establishing annual revenue goals with the Executive Director.
- Ensure donor data accuracy and CRM database management, including reporting, gift and donor entry process, tax receipts, and prompt thanking protocol.
- Seek out and attend networking opportunities in the community.
- Embrace the mission and values of Spark Central and be a primary advocate for Spark Central in the community.
- Proven experience with fundraising and development efforts, including donor relationship building and direct asks for gifts.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Grant-writing experience a strong plus.
- Strong relational skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities and abilities.
- Experience with CRM database management and maintenance.
- Comfort with office technology and software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite, task management software such as Asana, website platforms such as SquareSpace, and marketing software such as MailChimp.
- Highly-organized, self-directed and able to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Accurate with data and attentive to details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred