Financial Systems AdministratorSouthern Research
Financial Systems Administrator
This position will support and manage the Financial ERP system Deltek Costpoint as well as Time & Expense (T&E) systems, and its supporting systems/tools. The job will work as part of the internal IT corporate organization support team. This position will be responsible for the day to day administration and support of the Deltek CostPoint, Time & Expense Self Service and Cognos Reporting systems including upgrades, patching, installations, debugging issues, working with end users and business analysts to implement solution and address issues.
- Performs application upgrades, patching, backup, recovery and disaster recovery; perform routine system maintenance procedures.
- Manages user setup, security, printing, file management, job management, and workflow for Deltek systems.
- Works with users to troubleshoot problems with Deltek CostPoint, Deltek Time and Expense, and Cognos Systems.
- Business Intelligence to include application updates and backups.
- Support design, development and deployment of reports using the Cognos 10.2 Business Intelligence solution and Deltek CER Framework.
- Support enhancing and maintaining Deltek products to support business requirements.
- Work with business users to design and develop complex Cognos BI 10.2 reports using Report Studio with data drill-down and advanced report functionality.
- Develop and implement test plans to ensure successful delivery of multiple concurrently running projects.
- Work closely with the server and data base administration teams to monitor all supported systems and servers hosting the financial applications.
- Work closely with the DBA to plan, manage and implement patches for the supported systems and servers.
- Monitor server logs on supported systems.
- Manage several competing requests through gathering actionable requirements, managing priorities and superior time-management.
- Monitor Deltek applications and take corrective action to prevent or minimize system downtime; troubleshoot to resolve system related problems if necessary co-ordinate with third party vendors regarding
- problem resolution; interact with business users to resolve incidents by developing workarounds, submitting defects and work on change requests.
- This position requires US Citizenship.
Minimum Education and Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Accounting or IT related Field.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience supporting Deltek CostPoint 7 or higher.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience supporting Deltek Time & Expense.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience with Report Studio in Cognos 10 or higher.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience with Security/Administration in Cognos 10 or higher.
- Proficient in troubleshooting Deltek end user application issues.
- Should have good working knowledge of databases, MS SQL preferred along with Web Logic.
- Solid skills with MS Office Products: Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Power Point, etc.
- Good understanding of Windows Server operating system, SQL and application installations; basic knowledge of middleware systems is a plus.
- Experience with project documentation and planning.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving.
- Organized, detail orientated and ability to work independently.
- Ability to use good judgment in planning and accomplishing new and/or unfamiliar objectives.
- Ability to research, gather and analyze information then formulate effective recommendations and actions.
- Ability to creatively accomplish goals.
- Ability to effectively interpret and act upon a variety of instructions from various channels.
- Ability to work independently with minor supervision to produce accurate results quickly.
- Able to effectively participate as a key member of project from inception to completion.