Nursing InstructorSoutheastern Community Coll
Southeastern Community College is seeking to hire the following full-time position.
Founded in 1964, Southeastern Community College (SCC) is a public, two-year comprehensive community college. With its "open-door" policy, SCC strives to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, resources, interests, abilities, and career goals. More than 30 occupational and liberal arts curriculum programs are offered by the college, which serves an annual full-time equivalent enrollment of approximately 2,000 students in curriculum and continuing education programs. SCC emphasizes quality in designing and delivering instructional, support, and community services. The college commits itself to providing students with opportunities to reach their potential. SCC continuously involves all faculty and staff in setting and implementing college goals. All faculty and staff serve in advisory roles wherever their skills are needed. Members of the college community have a commitment to free and open communication based on mutual trust and respect. Also, employees are expected to participate in continued professional growth experiences.
The SCC college campus is located on Hwy. 74-76 between Whiteville and Chadbourn in southeastern North Carolina. SCC is an hour's drive from historic Wilmington and South Carolina's Grand Strand beaches. Serving Columbus County and surrounding areas, the college enjoys exceptional local financial and moral support from a community which expresses great pride in the institution.
Minimum Requirements for the Position
1. Teaching experience in the specified subject area.
2. Master of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally accredited institution, minimum of two years experience as a registered nurse and current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in NC.
3. Willingness to work irregular hours including nights and weekends as necessary.
4. Exceptional interpersonal relations skills.
5. Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
6. Desire to use or learn to use technology (i.e. Internet) to deliver instruction.
7. Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept.