Managing Editor of Web StrategySoutheast Missouri State University
Professional Managing Editor of Web Strategy
University Marketing Southeast Missouri State University
The managing editor of web strategy is responsible for managing a strong online presence that provides information, increases visibility, drives enrollment, and enhances the brand and reputation of Southeast Missouri State University. The managing editor will be responsible for planning, management, maintenance, and improvement of the functionality, presentation and content of the University website. The managing editor is a vital part of the University Marketing team, which uses a creative strategy team approach to integrated marketing communications. The managing editor will collaborate with team members on a variety of projects and will support and further develop web personnel. We seek a visionary leader to provide support as the University undertakes a sitewide redesign to better align its online presence with marketing goals. The desired candidate will be a web expert who is passionate about the web and understands all aspects of the user experience and digital marketing.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and manages content on high-traffic public-facing website and other digital initiatives as part of the University Marketing team.
- Serves as primary point of contact for technical website issues and provides leadership in web governance and style.
- Develops key performance indicators, metrics dashboards, and reports on effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns as well as generating new content initiatives.
- Understands and executes the strategic and tactical messaging, marketing, and web usability goals of the University.
- Proactively assesses the University website with regard to web and digital marketing technologies and trends.
- Defines and executes best practice approaches for analyzing online user behavior, configuring web analytics technology, and interpreting data.
- Manages analytics duties including managing account access, site tagging, and configuration and user training.
- Ensures website aligns with and complies with all standards, including but not limited to search engine optimization, industry standards, accessibility standards, and Southeast brand standards.
- Serve as part of an integrated marketing team that promotes and elevates the brand.