High School Spanish Substitute Teacher
South Fayette Township School District is seeking a High School Spanish Substitute Teacher.
REPORTS TO: High School Principal
To develop high level skills in each student in accordance with the PA Standards and the South Fayette School District curriculum
To create a flexible high school program and classroom environment conducive to learning and personal development of the high school-aged student
To function personally and as an integral part of a teaching team in motivating pupils to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for pursing world language at the post secondary or collegiate level
To differentiate instruction within the classroom in accordance with each pupil's ability to utilize instructional strategies that are of quality, varied and appropriate for the high school student
To utilize knowledge of the stages of development of the high school-aged child in designing academic and behavioral environments
To establish good relationships with parents, students, and other staff members.
1. Valid Pennsylvania teaching certificate in required field
2. 3.0 or higher QPA
3. Proof of ongoing professional or educational experience
4. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
5. Extensive educational knowledge as related to the high school-aged child
6. Computer literacy
7. Willingness to develop and teach online courses, online tutoring and participate in associated training and professional development.
8. Utilizes the learning management system and other technologies to engage students and enhance instructional practices for students.
1. Teaches the assigned subject area(s) to pupils in a classroom, using the approved course of study adopted by the South Fayette Township School District and the PA Academic Standards for the discipline.
2. Functions as an integral part of the World Language Department and High School Faculty by accepting department responsibilities and taking an active role in the life of the high school.
3. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
4. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the need of each pupil.
5. Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
6. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
7. Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
8. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
9. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
10. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
11. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
12. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
13. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
14. Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
15. Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
16. Participates as part of an IEP team when requested.
17. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
18. Willingness to develop and teach online courses, online tutoring and participate in associated training and professional development.
19. Utilizes the learning management system and other technologies to engage students and enhance instructional practices for students.
20. Develops student understanding and appreciation of the culture of countries where Spanish is spoken.
21. Teaches skills and knowledge in Spanish instruction to secondary students, using course of study adopted by the South Fayette School District and other appropriate learning activities. The teacher will teach aural comprehension, reading, and writing.
22. Focuses on new project-based learning opportunities and works collaboratively with the Department Chair and Administration to grow and develop these opportunities.
23. Focuses on digital literacy and making students twenty-first century learners
24. When required as per the teacher schedule, works as part of a co-teaching team in planning, preparing and delivering lessons utilizing a co-teaching model of instruction.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Terms of employment are in accordance with the agreement between the South Fayette Township Board of Education and the South Fayette Education Association.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the building principal and communicated to the superintendent for review.