To whom it may concern: The South Bend and Vicinity Plumbers & Pipefitters Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee will be accepting applications for the Apprenticeship Program starting Monday, January 18, 2021 through Friday, January 29, 2021 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Minimum Requirements for all Applicants are as follows: All applicants must apply in person at the JATC office. Once application is completed including providing the minimum required documents listed below, an interview will be scheduled with the Plumbers & Pipefitters Interviewing Committee:
1) Applicants shall be at least 18 years of age and submit reliable proof of birth date.
2) Education Requirements: High School Diploma or GED Certificate High School Graduate: You must request from your high school an Official Transcript of your high school records including subjects, grades, credits and attendance to be mailed directly to: Plumbers & Pipefitters JATC 4172 Ralph Jones Court South Bend, IN 46628 We will accept a hand carried transcript with the school’s official sealed envelope. It will be the applicant’s responsibility to check with their high school to make certain the official transcript has been sent to the JATC. Note: Applicants may be high school seniors provided they submit a copy of their transcripts showing at least 3½ years of completed schooling. The applicant must also submit a letter from the school verifying that they are maintaining passing grades and are scheduled to graduate in the spring or early summer of 2021. GED: You must mail or hand-carry a copy of your GED test scores to the JATC.
3) If you are a veteran you must provide a copy of your DD-214.
4) You must submit a copy of your driver’s license for your application. Any applicant selected into the Apprenticeship Program must maintain a valid driver’s license throughout the term of their apprenticeship.
5) All applicants will be required to take the Work Keys Assessment Test that will be administered by the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (http://www.workoneworks.com/). Applicants must meet set minimum levels in all tests given by February 26th, 2021 to be eligible for the 2021-2022 program year.
6) All applicants may be subject to a criminal background check.
7) Accepted applicants must adhere to the ISPTA/MCAI Substance Abuse Policy.
The JATC will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. The JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30.