Wage starts at $19.59-$22.04 per hour Depending on experience; frequently pays state prevailing wage.
Position Summary: Supports Housing Improvements operations, including weatherization, minor home repair, and rehabilitation programs, by performing residential electrical repairs, fan installations, knob and tube inspections, obtaining permits and related functions.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes assigned electrical residential repairs.
- Installs electrical equipment including kitchen and bath fans, outlets, and electric panels.
- Orders, picks up and delivers materials, tools, and supplies as assigned.
- Conducts inspections and gives safety approvals to knob and tube wiring; makes repairs necessary to achieve safety requirements.
- Evaluates and resolves on site technical problems. Notifies supervisor of job site issues.
- Cleans up debris after work is complete.
- Completes required paperwork in a timely, accurate, and legible manner.
- Provides electrical consultation and services for SNAP commercial and residential properties as requested.
- Continually monitors job site activities to ensure they are safely performed and in compliance with SNAPs policies and procedures.
- Required to call for permits and inspections when needed. Will be available for Labor and Industries Inspectors to answer questions related to electrical work.
- Trains co-workers as assigned.
- Works with coworkers and volunteers to promote a positive, respectful, and productive working environment, while protecting client confidentiality and dignity.
- Within the context of the stated principle job duties, serve as an ambassador of SNAPs mission and values.
- Completes assigned projects and performs related duties as needed or situation dictates.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times as well as helps to grow the customer service culture within the agency.
Benefits include medical, dental, life, LTD, and 403(b)