Housing Services SpecialistSnap
Housing Services Specialist
Wage starts at $14.58-$15.77 per hour Depends On Experience; benefits include medical, dental, life, LTD, and 403(b).
Position Summary: Responsible for the screening and intake of client information for eligibility and processing of Housing Services Programs requests, including Weatherization, Weatherization plus Health and Essential Home Repair.
- Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with clients, vendors, contractors, inspectors, technicians, and crews to facilitate housing services.
- Screens clients requesting Housing Services ensuring completion of required intake information.
- Conducts home visits as needed for intake and assessment.
- Connects clients to additional resources and referrals as needed.
- Enters data into database; compiles and completes records and reports, and maintains paperwork for files within program guidelines.
- Responds to inquiries about Housing Services programs.
- Mails bid requests, awards bids to contractors, and sends information to other contractors.
- Authorizes purchase orders for various vendors and professional services..
- Prepares for services as needed, including contractual compliance, environmental review, lead based paint, owner agreement, notice to proceed, actual rehabilitation costs, local codes/permit process,
- HUD debarment/suspension, historic preservation, contractor lists, title searches, etc.Assembles files for Housing Services programs.
- Schedules assessment, inspection, and service appointments with clients.Assists with marketing of Housing Services programs as needed.Provides excellent customer service at all times as well as helps to grow the customer service culture within the agency. Covers for receptionist during breaks and employee absence.
- Completes assigned projects and performs related duties as needed or situation dictates.
- Within the context of the stated principle job duties, serve as an ambassador of SNAPs mission and values.
- Work with coworkers and volunteers to promote a positive, respectful and productive environment, while protecting client and co-worker confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- Required: AA degree and two years case management, social services or related field.
- Preferred: Bachelors degree with one year case management experience or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to follow through with clients and resolve challenges respectfully
- Knowledge of Spokane area community resources
- Ability to empathize with and advocate for individuals with diverse backgrounds and needs, including those from low-income households
- Ability to work with vulnerable populations and individuals in crisis.
- General office skills, including working with multi-line phone system, filing, and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in computer operations including word processing, spreadsheets, and database
- Knowledge of low-income housing programs and basics of single family home construction and home energy conservation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on effectively working in a team environment and with a diverse population
- Strong organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills, with ability to organize and maintain substantial records
- Ability to work independently, using initiative and judgment to resolve problems and ensure workflow is appropriately addressed in a timely manner
- Ability to read, understand, and comply with program guidelines
Training and Certifications
- Valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record. Insurance and personal vehicle for Agency business may be required (mileage reimbursed).