Closing Date: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: School Nurse
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Administrative, Level IV (Exempt) ($39,800-$48,800)
SUPERVISION: Vice President of Operations
SUMMARY OF WORK: Because healthy people are successful learners, the school nurse advocates for the physical, emotional, mental, and social health of students. Using their clinical knowledge and judgment, the school nurse routinely performs the following duties:
· Provide healthcare to students and staff
· Coordinate routine health assessments
· Coordinate referrals to private healthcare providers
· Assist with preventing physical issues and disease.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care.
2. Serve as consultants with other school professionals, such as coaches, and counselors.
3. Provide and promote health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings.
4. Oversee infection control measures.
5. Monitor immunizations, manage communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment to prevent injury and ensure safety.
6. Actively participating in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at the school.
7. Oversee health screening procedures.
8. Maintain clinical records.
9. Provides emergency aid to students and school staff.
10. Assist teachers in instructing students in health and nutrition education.
11. Assist students with locating outside care.
1. Registered nurse (RN) licensure required.
2. Current, unencumbered nursing license required.
3. Driver's license required for student transport highly desirable.
4. Knowledge of community agencies to help students and their families.
5. Knowledge of district policies and procedures.
1. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
2. Prolonged periods of standing, reaching, and bending.
3. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA EEO M F B Employer