WORSHIP AND MUSIC COORDINATORSHILOH UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
NOW HIRING: WORSHIP AND MUSIC COORDINATOR
Position Title: Worship and Music Coordinator
Location: Shiloh United Methodist Church - 210 S Main St. Shiloh, IL 62269
Employment Status: Permanent/Full-Time
Application Deadline: February 10, 2020
Plan, coordinate, direct, develop, evaluate, and promote worship in the life of the church to allow the church to fulfill its purpose to worship, love, teach, reach, and serve for the Glory of God through music, drama, graphics, and video.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of a comprehensive worship and music ministry while attending to the spiritual needs of the participants.
- Collaboratively plan and prepare for regular and seasonal worship services.
- Participate in the recruitment, auditioning and selection of vocalist and instrumentalist worship team members.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for sound, lighting, and media technician worship team members.
- Coordinate music for weddings, funerals, and special events.
- Coordinate the purchase and maintenance of new music, worship videos, and software required for the preparation and execution of worship.
- Coordinate the planning, purchase, and installation of sound, video, and musical equipment used in worship.
- Stay informed on current worship and music methods, material, and ideas through the attendance of music clinics, workshops, and conferences as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the leaders of Children, Youth and Young Adult Ministries to provide opportunities for children, youth and young adults to participate in a variety of worship events.
- Maintain accurate accounting of finances and budget related to music ministries of the church.
- Attend regular staff meetings and other meetings, as necessary, to share information on worship opportunities and needs.
- Evaluate the progress of the total church music ministry at least once a year and set vision, goals and objectives for growth and improvement.
The Worship and Music Coordinator is an energetic and creative individual committed to Jesus Christ and must demonstrate their passion and enthusiasm for worship through music and visual display. This person must be well-acquainted with diverse genres of traditional and contemporary Christian music.
The Worship and Music Coordinator must be comfortable using a computer (both Apple and PC) and have experience with or have a willingness to learn applications for worship presentation (e.g., ProPresenter), video editing (e.g., Adobe Premier), and service planning (e.g., Planning Center Online). Familiarity with sound and lighting systems is a plus. Candidate must also be proficient with standard software, such as; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, etc.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent experience in contemporary music, designing worship and working with praise bands is preferred. Effective team building, planning and organizational skills are necessary, with the ability to empower volunteers within their own skills, talents, and spiritual-growth journeys. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. This person must have the ability to enhance the worship and music experience of the church by displaying an affinity for mixing musical styles in a contemporary setting. He or she must be able to work with a team of people that include diverse ages and backgrounds, striking a balance between high-quality, musically/technically-sound worship and spirit-filled/led worship
Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screening is required.
The Worship and Music Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor with additional support from the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC). The successful applicant must have a mature faith and work ethic, display skills in leading congregational singing, and encouraging/empowering creativity in worship teams.
Minimum starting salary is $30,000/year and negotiable beyond that, depending on education and experience. Salary is reviewed annually and established by the SUMC SPRC.
Resume and cover letter packages will be accepted until 11:59 PM, February 10, 2020.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com that includes a statement of spiritual background answering these questions:
- Briefly share your salvation experience.
- Briefly describe your practice of spiritual disciplines that help you maintain your relationship with the Lord.
- How do you define “worship”?
Candidates should, if available, provide a “work sample” (e.g., a link to video or audio sample) that displays the candidate’s musical performance and/or worship leading abilities.
“Finalist” candidates will be expected to conduct a “live rehearsal” with members of the Shiloh United Methodist Worship Team as part of the evaluation process.