Special Education Teacher, Middle School
Shenandoah Community School District is seeking qualified applicants for a Middle School Special Education Teacher beginning the 2023-2024 School Year.
- Hold and maintain a valid Iowa Teaching License
- Demonstrating an understanding of the unique needs of special education students and a strong desire to work with students.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
- Instruct special needs students in academic subjects, using a variety of techniques, such as phonetics, multisensory learning, or repetition to reinforce learning and meet students' varying needs.
- Collaborate with other Special Education and General Education teachers
- Develop or implement strategies to meet the needs of students with a variety of disabilities.
- Build relationships with students, staff, and parents
- Accept feedback regarding implementation and use feedback to implement changes to instruction.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to students.
The Shenandoah Community School District offers career and technical programs in the following service areas: Agricultural Science, Business Education, Family Consumer Science, Health Science, and Industrial Technology. It is the policy of the Shenandoah Community School District no to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy, please contact the district's Equity Coordinator, Aaron Burdorf, JK-8 Principal & Equity Coordinator, Shenandoah CSD 601 Dr. Creighton Cir., Shenandoah, Iowa 712-246-2520 email@example.com