Broadband Installer / Technician
This Position involves servicing the customer from the cable system tap to the customer premise equipment in our HFC Plant, or from the Fiber To The Home ONT to the customer premise equipment. You will receive training on proper customer drop installation, and troubleshooting for both coax and fiber installations. You will also receive training on Voice, Video and Data Service configuration and troubleshooting. You will be required to manage multiple work orders in an efficient manner, including finalizing work orders from the field as they are completed. This position also requires effective oral communication with the customer in order to educate the customer on newly installed services, or repair.
Primary Job Functions:
* Installation and change of service for residential and business voice, video, and data services following company procedures to insure consistently high quality of service.
* Trouble shooting and repair services from tap to customer premise equipment.
* Working independently and maintaining good organization.
* Record and document all required information on work orders.
* Perform on-call duties as required.
* Locate and mark underground facilities as required.
* Communicating effectively with customers and CSR's, both orally and written.
Experience and Education:
* HS Diploma/G.E.D required
* Telecommunications / Cable TV service and or installation preferred
* Maintain a current valid driver's license and good driving record. No DUI's within the last 5 years.
* Good grasp of CATV RF & basic electronics.
* Ability to read CATV system maps.
* Able to operate VOM, and Signal Level Meter
* Knowledge of OSHA rules in order to perform job safely.
* Knowledge customer premise equipment setup and operation.
* Good decision making
* Follow company policies and procedures
* Effective interaction with other departments
* Effective interaction with the customer
* Reporting clear and concise information on completed work orders
* Self motivated and able to work without direct supervision
* Good time management
* Ability carry, climb and operate extension ladder (approx. 27' 90 pounds)
* Ability to work in all kinds of weather
Benefits: Competitive wage, voice video and data services provided at no charge to you if you live within our system, 401K with company match, health and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, ongoing training, company provided vehicle, smartphone, laptop, tools, and more.