As a BIM Technician at Sandman Structural Engineers, you are responsible for the preparation of drawings for assigned projects to help enable the success of our clients and our people.
1. Technical Expertise - 90%
Serve as a member of an integrated design team and assist with drafting/BIM output along with other duties to meet project schedules and budgets.
* Prepare drawings using relevant software for drafting/modeling of assigned projects
* Use applicable knowledge and understanding of building concepts to projects
* Revise and update existing drawings to reflect design changes
* Recognize inaccuracies in drawings and being them to the attention of the project lead
* Apply drafting standards, techniques, and procedures in accordance with SSE established criteria
2. Client Relationships - 5%
Provide appropriate information in a timely manner for successful client communication to create and sustain trusting relationships and maintain/increase client satisfaction and retention.
* Participate in project meetings in a professional manner
* Understand the client's requirements and expectations
* Understand client work pipeline
* Review and recap project success and opportunities for improvement with integrated design team
3. Administration - 5%
Keep projects up to date in Ajera to ensure clients are invoiced accurately and SSE is paid in a timely manner.
* Ensure documents and emails are filed appropriately
* Accurately record time to projects
* Submit timecard, expenses, and PTO requests in timely manner
* Participate in internal projects as needed
* Associate's degree or completion of a technical trade school in Revit, drafting, or related field with experience using Revit software or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
* Solid understanding and knowledge of general building concepts
* Proficient use of the English language, both verbal and written
* Experience with structural engineering preferred
* Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods, adaptable to all audiences
SSE is an EOE company. We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States, an acceptable driving record, willingness to travel and periodically adjust personal schedules to meet project needs. In addition to our focused work performance goals, SSE strives to provide intangible benefits including: a fun, friendly, and family-focused environment. We enjoy a humorous office, golf, sporting events, barbeques, and more. We feel that the success of the company is not solely based upon business, but also greatly on the value and quality of life that it provides to its team members.
Office environment; field environment; construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field inspections and investigations.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position may require extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, and/or walking. Must be able to frequently move about and position self appropriately to complete role responsibilities. Position may require frequently lifting and/or carrying up to 20 pounds with occasional lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Click "Apply" to apply online