As an Accounting Specialist at Sandman Structural Engineers, you are responsible to perform a variety of accounting and administrative duties with limited supervision while working in a fast-paced environment.
Accounts Receivable - 50%
Execute the full cycle accounts receivable process as defined by Controller.
- Create customer invoices
- Prepare customer statements
- Receive and post payments
- Assist with collections process
- Complete lien waivers
Accounts Payable - 30%
Process payment of company payables; from receipt of vendor invoice to maintaining record-keeping of payments.
- Post credit card expenses
- Reconcile credit card statement
- Post vendor invoices
- Maintain A/P filing system
General Ledger - 10%
Assist Controller with maintaining General Ledger integrity.
- Reconcile bank statements on a monthly basis
Administration - 10%
Assist Administrative Manager and team with a variety of office and administrative tasks as needed
- Serve as back-up to answer phones
- Greet clients, prep meeting space
- Oversee office supply inventory for metro area offices
- Assist planning culture and team events for metro area offices
Qualifications & Experience
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Accounting or related degree, or equivalent education and work experience in related field
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy in all areas
- Able to analyze problems and find solutions that create win-win scenarios
- Organized, able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks and projects, track and follow-up on pending projects and assignments, and meet deadlines
- 1+ years of experience processing A/R & A/P
- Knowledgeable in reconciling statements
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Office environment; field environment; construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field inspections and investigations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, and/or walking. Must be able to frequently move about and position self appropriately to complete role responsibilities. Position may require occasional lifting and/or carrying up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Click on "Apply" to apply online
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.