This individual will be responsible for managing the day-to-day functions of the warehousing department according to RESCO policies and procedures.
Summary of essential job functions
* Be able to do all the duties of the warehouseman
* Maintain communications with all departments of the company regarding issues that involve the warehouse
* Develop, implement and maintain plans for efficient management of material in the warehouse & Negotiate and maintain pricing agreements with freight carriers
* Hire specialized carriers for transportation of product as needs arise. This includes maintaining emergency shipment policies for handling critical customer needs.
* Manage acceptable resolutions to problems with inbound and outbound shipments. File damage claims with carriers and negotiate settlements as required. Keep all company personnel affected by the problem informed of progress on resolution.
* Ensure all warehouse related data is inputted into company computer system in a timely manner.
* Supervise day-to-day activities in the warehouse and delegate tasks as needed.
* Perform warehouse tasks as assigned
* Other duties as assigned by the Regional Vice President
* Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience in a warehouse environment.
* Math and reading skills sufficient enough to be able to be productive and accurate in a receiving, warehousing and shipping environment.
* Must have or be capable of developing computer and clerical skills sufficient to satisfactorily perform warehouse related tasks including shipment processing, data entry, and maintenance of physical location files for material
* Familiarity with UPS Worldship, Microsoft Office and Internet based websites helpful
* Ability to supervise others along with attention to detail and ability to multitask
* CDL license is preferred
* Physically able to perform all the duties of the warehouse position
* Ability to lift and move weights of up to 100 pounds
* Ability to stand/work on concrete floors for extended periods of time
* Ability to bend, crouch, etc
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.