Laborers #2170835rubicon contracting
Rubicon Contracting, 86 S 1250 W Centerville UT 84014, 801-365-3333, seeks 48 temporary Full Time Laborers from November 01, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
Manual labor related to snow removal, including: shoveling snow, spreading ice melt/salt; stacking/moving snow from properties; cleaning up ice melt/salt if needed; and using small pieces of equipment such as skid steers, snow blowers, ATV's, etc. Worksites between Ogden & Provo, throughout Weber, Davis, Salt Lake, & Utah counties. Daily transportation to/from worksites provided as needed for workers living within that area. OTJ training provided as needed.
- No minimum education, training, or experience required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Hours average 35/week: normal schedule 10 AM to 5 PM, must be available 24/7 on-call as needed (when there's 30% chance or more for a storm workers must be able to make it to where they're needed to labor in less than 2 hours from when they're notified to report at location);
- Wage $14.48/hour. OT available at $21.72/hour.
- Workers will be paid bi-weekly.
- A single workweek will be used to compute wages due.
- All deductions from worker's paycheck required by law will be made.
- Workers can elect to have employer secure housing if needed, in which case worker's pro rata share of actual housing costs (rent, utilities, renter's insurance), which will be reasonable & based on the fair value of such benefit, will be deducted from worker's paycheck.
- Current monthly housing cost is $350.
- Employer will provide workers, without charge or deposit charge, all tools, supplies, & equipment required to perform job.
- Workers may enroll for full health insurance and/or elective supplemental health insurance (accident, critical illness, hospital confinement, etc.) upon approval by provider.
- Employer guarantees to offer worker employment for a total # of work hours equal to at least 3/4 of the workdays of each 12-week period of the total employment period.
H-2B workers will be reimbursed in the first workweek for all visa, visa processing, border crossing, and other related fees, including those mandated by the government (excluding passports fees and other charges primarily for the benefit of the worker). If worker completes 50 percent of employment period, employer will reimburse worker for transportation & subsistence to place of employment from U.S. or abroad. Upon completion of work contract or where worker is dismissed earlier, employer will provide or pay for worker's reasonable costs of return transportation& subsistence back home or to place where worker originally departed to work, except where worker will not return due to subsequent employment with another employer or where employer has appropriately reported worker's voluntary abandonment of employment. Amount of transportation payment or reimbursement will be equal to the most economical & reasonable common carrier for the distances involved.
Daily subsistence will be provided at a rate of at least $12.46 per day during travel to a maximum of $55.00 per day with receipts.