Public Health Administrative AssistantRoutt County
Public Health Administrative Specialist
Summary of Position:
Under general supervision, provides complex administrative support to the Department. Manages calendars, appointments, prepares various documents, and maintains filing systems. Duties may vary according to job assignment. This is a year-round position, scheduled to work 20 hours each work with some benefits.
- Provides high-level administrative support including developing invoicing and complex spreadsheet system development for grant and contract monitoring purposes.
- Manages calendars, schedules meetings, organizes special events and assists with staff travel.
- Monitors expenses and processes invoices; assists in developing department budget goals.
- Manages meeting agendas; collects agenda items; prepares packets and supervises packet assembly and distribution, utilizes County scheduling mechanisms for meetings and submission of information to BCC.
- Responds to questions from Public regarding Public Health service provision and refers to appropriate personnel.
- Develops and implements office systems and procedures to ensure efficiency and communication within the Department.
- Prepares various documents, faxes, and reports; maintains filing and records systems.
- Orders supplies, coordinates work orders and handles mail.
- Attends and participates in all meetings required by supervisor.
- Manages assigned Web pages; updates content on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, including updating staff roster, contact information, documents, project status, photos and calendars; troubleshoots web related problems, escalates and coordinates the resolution of difficult system issues with vendors or IT staff.
- Supports the relationship between Routt County government and the public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Must Be Skilled In:
- Organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines and accomplish tasks.
- Typing and entering data with speed and accuracy.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously, under pressure, and in emergency and stressful situations.
- Interacting with people of different social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
High school diploma or GED equivalent; three years of progressively responsible experience in administrative support; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Deadline: January 23, 2020
Routt County is an EOE